Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management, University of Houston
Hotel & Restaurant Management / Posted 2 years ago / 105 views
Hotel icon Conrad N. Hilton founded Hilton College in 1969. Hilton College, a prominent hospitality school, has received recognition from leading journals. The Hilton University of Houston, one of more than 530 Hilton Hotels worldwide, serves as the primary teaching facility for the College. Built in 1975, the full-service, 86-room hotel with 25,000 square feet of flexible banquet space and a full-service restaurant underwent a $12.5 million renovation in April, 2010. The hotel also houses numerous classrooms, three computer labs, a student-run restaurant and coffee shop, a library and hospitality archives, and several food science labs – including a food safety lab and a beverage and product evaluation lab.
Approximately 80 percent of the College’s hotel employees are students. The hotel is consistently ranked in the top five percent of guest satisfaction scores among all Hilton-branded hotels, worldwide.
The University of Houston, located in one of the largest cities in the United States, provides hospitality students a wide variety of internship and job opportunities. The college emphasizes experimental, real-world learning opportunities.
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel & Restaurant Management degree
- Master of Science in Hospitality Management degree
- Joint MS/MBA, the three-year joint master’s program allows students to earn an MS and MBA (with UH’s Bauer College of Business) concurrently
- Dual BS/MS, the 4+1 degree allows students to obtain both a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degrees in just five years
- Master of Science in Global Hospitality Business degree, in partnership with the Ecolehôtelière de Lausanne, and the School of Hotel and Tourism Management at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Executive Master of Hospitality Management (online)
- D. in Hospitality Administration
The college provides the following concentrations: Lodging Management, Restaurant Management, Event Management, Catering Management, Country Club Management, Sales & Marketing Management, Beverage Management, and Spa Management.
For more information about admission, curriculum, schedule and tuition, financial aid, scholarship, externship, internship, student life etc. – please contact/visit their website: