Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL)
Posted 1 year ago / 121 views
School Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
On Campus: Yes
Scholarship and Financial Aid: Available (subject to qualification)
Acknowledged as the world’s earliest and certainly the oldest hospitality management school, EHL was founded in 1893 by Jacques Tschumi. The school takes pride of providing first-rate education to the young talents of the hospitality industry and in fact has garnered various accreditations and recognitions.
EHL is accredited as an Institution of Higher Education, issued by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC, USA), an accreditation that assures that the school has conformed with higher education standards and assists credit transfers and degree recognition coming from American institutions. EHL is also the only hospitality school in Switzerland that offers training as part of University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Western Switzerland (HES-SO), assuring for the school’s program’s fineness and protection by the Swiss law. The Executive MBA in Hospitality Administration program of the school has passed for an accreditation of Swiss Center of Accreditation and Quality Assurance in Higher Education (AAQ).
The school is regarded as the best in the world with respect to job placement around the globe based on a study conducted by TNS Sofres in 2007, 2010 and 2013 with managers and recruiters from the hospitality industry. The school also claimed as the Best Hospitality Management School in the international competition of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards in 2013 and 2014.
- Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management
- Master of Science in Global Hospitality Business
- MBA in Hospitality
- Executive MBA in Hospitality Administration
- Master Class in Culinary Arts
- The school’s quality facilities are designed for educational advancement, both for theoretical and practical learning. The facilities include the following: training restaurants for students that includes Berceau desSens, a gourmet restaurant acknowledged by Berceau des Sens thatoffers services to the public, bars, 48 classrooms, multimedia auditoriums,the Aula which is used for graduation ceremonies, student events andgala dinners for external clients, library, study rooms, Peter Michael wine-tasting laboratory, a cafeteria, a boutique, a historic building, sportsareas, and dorms.
- EHL has collaborative projects with companies that allow students to work for them to recommend solutions on topics concerned by the chosen company.
- Students are encouraged to be participating on the on-campus Career Fair that allows them to eye on potential employers for internships or permanent positions.
- EHL has an International Advisory Board composed of international industry leaders and leaders from the education sector that provide the school with constant advice based on their experiences and observation
from the industry.
- The school has knowledgeable and experienced faculty.
For more information about admission, curriculum, schedule and tuition, financial aid, scholarship, externship, internship, student life etc. – please contact/visit their website: