School of Hotel and Restaurant Administration at the Oklahoma State University
Hotel & Restaurant Management / Posted 2 years ago / 181 views
The school has been offering hospitality program to the aspirants in the hospitality industry for almost eight decades now and such program was recognized as the eighth best hospitality program among the top 100 hospitality and tourism programs in the world by the Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research. The recognition was based on the aggregated facts gathered by the 11 leading journals for hospitality and tourism from 2002-2006.
The school strongly adheres to its prime purpose of producing hospitality leaders through research, superior teaching, and innovative experiential learning.
- Hotel and Restaurant Administration
- Master of Science in Hospitality Administration with the following options:
- PhD in Human Sciences with Specialization in Hospitality Administration
- Over 40 hospitality companies are gathered annually for the career fair known as “Hospitality Days” where students can explore different career opportunities.
- The school provides modernized facilities for a more effective and meaningful learning that includes the Jim Anderson Food Production Research Laboratory, Quantity Food Production Laboratories and Demonstration Classroom. Students are also exposed into actual practice in the West Side Café, and Atherton Hotel Experiential Laboratory.
- Students may fly to Switzerland for an international hospitality learning experience.
- Students are encouraged to take advantage with the leadership opportunities in student organizations that are affiliated with national associations and organizations and through student-led signature events.
- Students are required to complete 800 hours of internship that includes domestic or international.
- The school hosts the Distinguished Chef Scholarship Benefit Series. The event is an educational opportunity for students to learn and work directly with industry professionals from planning to the execution of each dinner.
- The school maintains good relationship with the industry partners, an opportunity for the students to have an easy access for their internship and job opportunities.
For more information about admission, curriculum, schedule and tuition, financial aid, scholarship, externship, internship, student life etc. – please contact/visit their website: