William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration, University of Nevada at Las Vegas
Event Planning / Posted 2 years ago / 266 views
The college was named after an American businessman and founder of Harrah’s Hotel and Casinos, William Fisk Harrah in 1989 after the school had benefited the donation from his widow. However, before that, the university had been already offering hotel management program in 1967 and later became the College of Hotel Administration in 1969. The college has a very favorable location in Nevada- only a few blocks away from Las Vegas Strip, the world’s greatest hospitality laboratory. The school takes advantage of its location for its students to really feel how it will be working in the industry.
Hospitality Management Major with any of the following concentrations:
- Gaming Management
- Meetings and Events
- PGA Golf Management
This program is accredited by the Professional Golfers’ Association (PGA)
- Executive Master’s of Hospitality Administration (MHA) – an online program for the busy professionals.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Hospitality Administration
- Master of Science- Hotel Administration
- Dual Degree: Master of Science- Hotel Administration and Master of Science- Management Information Systems
- Dual Degree: Master of Business Administration and Master of Science- Hotel Administration
- The college organizes internships and invites hospitality brands for the students’ recruitment opportunities. UNLV Careers Services also partnered with Bob Boughner Career Services Center to better assist the students and alumni in seeking employment opportunities.
- The school has renowned, experienced and committed faculty members.
- The new Hospitality Hall is scheduled to open in the spring of 2018. It has enjoyable amenities for students’ career development and advancement such as executive kitchen, interactive classrooms, student-run Café, a Center for Professional Golf Management and spaces with a picturesque view of Las Vegas Strip for special events.
- The college’s dean is regularly provided with valuable insights and guidance from a group of hospitality leaders called International Advisory Board.
- Students are given early exposure in the hospitality industry. They will be working in the Capstone Café and with the invited celebrity chefs for Chef Artist Dinner Series.
For more information about admission, curriculum, schedule and tuition, financial aid, scholarship, externship, internship, student life etc. – please contact/visit their website: